Automatically detects residential addresses.
Dynamically includes the residential delivery fee in parcel and LTL freight shipping rate estimates.
Adds an additional lift gate option to the LTL Freight Quotes extensions to always include the lift gate delivery fee when a residential address is detected.
On the Order Detail page, clearly identifies shipments that will be assessed the residential delivery fee.
Compatible with Eniture Technology’s Small Package Quotes extensions.
Compatible with Eniture Technology’s LTL Freight Quotes extensions.
Current version: 1.0
The installation of at least one of Eniture Technology’s Small Package Quotes or LTL Freight Quotes extensions.
How are residential addresses detected?
The plugin checks the address against a database that is updated monthly with data from the US Postal Service. The database includes a residential address indicator that identifies the address as a residence. The database is updated monthly.
Will this module work with other shipping extensions/modules?
The module is engineered to work exclusively with extensions/modules published by Eniture Technology.
If I have more than one of Eniture Technology’s extensions/modules installed, do I have to install the Residential Address Detection plugin for each one?
No. The Residential Address Detection plugin must be installed only once, regardless of how many other Eniture Technology extensions/modules you have installed.
If I have more than one Eniture Technology extensions/modules installed, how is my Residential Address Detection plan charged?
The residential address detection event is performed just once for each completed address. The result is shared with all compatible Eniture Technology products.
Can the module fail to identify a residential address?
The plugin will reliably identify residential addresses provided the USPS database application can recognize it. It’s possible for a shopper to input an address that is sufficiently incorrect that the USPS database application is unable to recognize it. Shipping rate estimates may still be returned if the entered city, state and ZIP code are valid, but in this case the estimates will not include the residential delivery fee.
Will this module work for non-US addresses?
The plugin can only check US domestic addresses.
Installation & User’s Guide
Setting up the plugin consists of the following steps:
Before installing the module, make sure you’ve made the following preparations:
Download the installation file by clicking the button below. Save it to a familiar location. You will need to navigate to it later.
There are two ways you can install the module. Each requires some technical knowledge.
- SSH/Terminal + FTP Based Install Method
- Magento Admin Based Install Method
In preparation for either step, upload the installation file using the steps below. Use your Magento root directory name where you see magento-root.
- Using FTP, upload the installation file retrieved in Step 3 to the magento-root/app/code/eniture directory.
- The installation file should be a ZIP file. Extract its contents.
- Open SSH.
- Execute the following commands:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- Clear the cache using the following command (or do it from the admin panel):
php bin/magento cache:flush
- Re-deploy the static contents (production mode only) by executing the following command:
Skip to Section 5.
- Login to the Magento Admin dashboard.
- Navigate to System > Web Setup Wizard, and click on the Module Manager tile.
- Locate the Residential Address Detection module. From the Action column click on Select and then choose Enable from the list of options.
- Click on the Start Readiness Check button. After the check is complete, click the Next button.
- Elect which backup options you’d like to perform. If you don’t want to perform a backup at this time, uncheck all the options. When you’re ready to proceed, click the Next button.
- Click the Enable button.
- The module installation will begin to process.
- If you’ve performed the steps correctly, you will be presented with a Success message.
Select Cache Management from the System menu.
Click on the Flush Magento Cache button to empty the cache.
Complete the installation process by logging out, and then logging back into the store. If you fail to perform this step you will likely get a 404 – page not found error when trying to access the extension settings.
Navigate to Stores > Configuration.
Select the tab of the Small Package Quotes or LTL Freight Quotes module you have installed. (The FedEx Small Package Quotes module is shown in the illustration. What you se